A pandemic like Covid-19 teaches us many things like the importance of savings, the importance of good health, and a good habit that can keep you socially, mentally, and physically healthy.
Eating healthy food helps to improve health. Physical, mental fitness is quite challenging while staying at home in any situation.
But not to worry, we have got your back and here to help you optimize your health while staying at home.
Now few questions arise in mind.
What is the easiest exercise?
What is the best exercise for beginners?
What exercises should you do every day?
What is the most effective workout?
Do you exercise at home?
How can I do free exercise?
Is it effective to workout at home?
Yes, daily exercise/ workout at home can optimize the overall health, providing you are ready to put a little time and effort into your daily activity.
Here are the answers to all your questions. You can follow all these simple exercises at your home to tone your body, get in shape and improve your health. Beginners to experienced can perform these exercises according to their capacity. Try to get to the advance label, but never forget your basics.
It is an isometric core strength exercise that involves maintaining a position similar to a push-up for the maximum possible time.
It is an effective way to target both your abdominal muscles and your whole body. It can also stabilize your core without straining your back the way situps or crunches might.
- Start in a pushup position.
- Keep your hand and toes firmly planted on the ground, your back straight, and your core tight.
- Keep your chin slightly tucked and your gaze just in front of your hands.
- Take deep controlled breaths while maintaining tension throughout your entire body, so your abs, shoulders, triceps, glutes, and quads are all engaged.
- Complete 2-3 sets of 30 second holds to start.
Probably, this is one of the best freehand exercises to target the whole body.
There are various benefits of including it in your daily exercise program. It makes your heart stronger, builds muscles stronger, helps in weight loss, builds stronger bones, uplifts your mood instantly, and helps relieve stress. It makes you strong, flexible by improving your stability and stamina.
A jumping jack or star jump is a physical jumping exercise performed by jumping to a position with the legs spread wide and the hands going overhead, sometimes in a clap, and then returning to a position with the feet together and the arms at the sides.
Lunges are a simple and effective workout that helps you strengthen your lower body and mobility in your hips.
It just promotes functional movements, and increase strength in your legs and glutes.
- Be in a correct posture.
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms down at your sides.
- Take a step forward with your right leg and bend your right knee as you do so, stopping when your thigh is parallel to the ground. Ensure that your right knee does not extend past your right foot.
- Push up off your right foot and return to the starting position. Repeat with your left leg. This is one rep.
- Complete 10 reps for 3 sets (beginners can start with 5 reps for 3 sets).
Note: A more confident and experienced person can hold some weight.
Pushups are one of the most basic, yet effective, bodyweight moves you, beginning from the prone position.
By raising and lowering the body using the arms, push-ups to exercise the muscles, triceps, and anterior deltoids, with ancillary benefits to the rest of the deltoids, serratus anterior, coracobrachialis, and the midsection as a whole.
- Begin in a plank position and maintain a good posture. Your core should be tight, shoulders pulled down and back, and your neck neutral.
- Bend your elbows and begin to lower your body down to the floor. When your chest grazes it, extend your elbows and return to the start position. Focus on keeping your elbows close to your body during the movement.
- Complete 3 sets of as many reps as possible (beginners can start with 5 reps for 3 sets).
Beginners can try Knee pushup at their initial stage, later they can go for normal pushups.
Squats are strength exercises in which the trainee lowers their hips from a standing position and then stands back up.
During the descent of a squat, the hip and knee joints flex while the ankle joint dorsiflexes, conversely the hip and knee joints extend, and the ankle joint plantarflexes when standing up.
It increases lower body and core strength, as well as flexibility in your lower back and hips. Because they engage some of the largest muscles in the body, they also pack a major punch in terms of calories burned.
- Squats can be started by standing straight
- Keep your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, and arms at your sides.
- Brace your core and, keeping your chest and chin up.
- Push your hips back and bend your knees as if you’re going to sit in a chair.
- Ensuring your knees don’t bow inward or outward
- Dropdown until your thighs are parallel to the ground, bringing your arms out in front of you in a comfortable position. Pause for one second.
- Then extend your legs and return to the starting position.
- Complete 3 sets of 20 reps (beginners can start with 5 reps for 3 sets).
The burpee is a full-body exercise used in strength training and as an aerobic exercise.
The classic basic movement is performed in four steps and is known as a “four-count burpee”.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms by your sides.
- Lower into a squat position and place your hands on the floor.
- Kick or step your legs back into a plank position.
- Jump or step your legs forward to return to a squat position.
- Return to the standing position.
- Complete 3 sets of 10 (beginners can start with 5 reps for 3 sets).
The glute bridge effectively works your entire posterior chain, which isn’t only good for you, but it will make your booty look perkier as well. It can effectively improve the back strength as well.
- Start by lying on the floor with your knees bent, feet flat on the ground, and arms straight at your sides with your palms facing down.
- Pushing through your heels, raise your hips off the ground by squeezing your core, glutes, and hamstrings.
- Your upper back and shoulders should still be in contact with the ground, and your core down to your knees should form a straight line.
- Pause 1–2 seconds at the top and return to the starting position.
- Complete 10–12 reps for 3 sets (beginners can start with 5 reps for 3 sets).
Cross Crunches are a more effective and easy exercise for abs and the oblique muscles. It strengthens the core and strengthens your abdominal muscles.
- Lie flat on your back.
- Bend your knees with feet flat on the floor.
- Place both hands loosely behind your head.
- Now, bring your right shoulder and elbow across your body and at the same time bring up your left knee towards your left shoulder.
- Try to touch your knee with the elbow.
- Go back to the original position and repeat the same with the left elbow.
The bicycle crunch is an effective ab exercise, reaching not only the usual abs but also the deep abs, and the core.
With almost all of these strength exercises, a targeted ab move does not hurt.
- Lay down on your back and bring your legs to a tabletop position.
- Bend your elbows, and put your hands behind your head.
- Crunch up and bring your right elbow to your left knee, straightening your right leg.
- Release the crunch slightly.
- Bend your right leg and straighten your left leg, then bring your left elbow to your right knee.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
An excellent exercise for promoting total core stability while improving contra-lateral limb engagement.
It can strengthen the abdominal wall that improves your body flexibility and balance along with strengthening muscles.
- Lay down on your back keeping your legs and arms extended towards the ceiling.
- Extend your right arm behind your head while lowering your left leg.
- Come back to the original position and repeat it with switching sides.
All these workouts can improve your health and muscle growth. These are the best exercises to perform at home and tone your body to get a decent shape, stamina, strength, and power.
So do regular exercise, maintain consistency and grow healthy.
“You’re only one workout away from a good mood. So, push your limit”-Unknown